Thursday, March 10, 2011

A different birthday celebration



Birthday is a unique celebration for individuals, families and organizations. It is a versatile celebration having no boundaries for gender and age. There is plethora of options to celebrate, like going to restaurants, pubs, parks, family house; some celebrate spiritually and so on.

My 28th birthday turned out to be a mesmerizing experience, celebrating in 3 continents, all in the airports. It was also my first birthday together with my wife. Accidentally our planned return date to Brazil fell on early 04/03 and the flight duration was 24 hours from Delhi to Sao Paulo. As Indian time was ahead of Latin American time, I had the rare privilege to begin and end the travel on the same date, ie 04/03.

Indira Gandhi international airport, New Delhi, I got checked in Delhi airport at around 11:30pm on 03/03, my wife and I did a quick shopping, took few snaps with the gigantic Buddha inside the airport and roamed around. While we were boarding the plane, my wife’s family gathered at the flight gate and sang the birthday song. They sang the typical Brazilian birthday song “ParabĂ©ns pra vocĂȘ, Nesta data querida, Muitas felicidades,Muitos anos de vida!...”. We exchanged hugs, kiss and received blessings, wishes from the family members. It was a grand surprise for me and for the fellow passengers as well.

CDG, Paris, we arrived at the CDG airport in the early morning 5:30 am 04/03 and our flight to Sao Paulo was only at 10:45am, rest of the family headed to Ireland. My wife bought a chocolate muffin and delicately placed a tooth pick on top depicting a candle; it was strikingly beautiful and memorable, thanks to my wife. We took couple of snaps in remembrance of this day at this location. Remember, it is still 4th March and I am still a birthday boy. Inside the plane we received champagne, followed by wishes from air hostess.

GRU, Sao Paulo, I am still on the spree, it was 6:30 pm, 04/03 and I waited for the bus to go to E.S Pinhal. There has been a huge delay in the bus timings due to Carnival in Sao Paulo, rain and usual Friday evening encounters. Finally we decided to head over to our friend living in Campinas, reached there around 11:45pm and we finally winded the wildly stretched birthday ceremony by eating delicious pizza.

To surmise, I had a fantastic birthday celebration and will be remembered forever. It was wholly different as I am away from my parents, resuming married life and the cumbersome travel. Thrown in these wild events, sometimes celebrations like birthdays play a pivotal role in mustering relationships and rejuvenating available resources. I thank my wife, both families and friends for remembering and sending wishes through emails and social networking communities. Yet another year full of adventures and experiments…..

No comments:

Post a Comment