Wednesday, August 12, 2009

mother of all "Panic"

I reached 11:20 AM at GRU airport in Sao Paulo 10 minutes earlier to the scheduled arrival time. I got the immigration cleared, collected the baggage and made a beeline to the restroom to get refreshed and applied some cosmetics. It was my first much awaited travel to Brazil in an endeavour to meet my girlfriend’s family and people. I marched out of the international arrival terminal; my supple eyes started scanning for my girlfriend who was supposed to receive me at the arrival gate. I stood at the gate for a while with an incessantly beating heart. With butterflies in my stomach my eyes undauntedly spearheaded in scanning and got married to a monk’s patience. Patience finally turned to ignorance and negligence....

I slowly traipsed and schlepped the heavy baggage out of the gate, like in the movie “Terminal” starring Tom Hanks I wandered around the huge four storied airport with ceaseless hope. Panting heavily I run back to the arrival gate again and redo the scanning. Hours passed and I was deeply immersed into frustration, censure, anger, languished and corrupted. There comes the uninvited guest of the century, Mr Panic. My mind was boggled with myriads of unimaginable negative thoughts. “Am I being cheated?”, “Did she fool me”. I was completely mugged by panic at point blank; I struggled interacting with my limited arsenal of Portuguese words and came up with no definite solution. I don’t know what will be my next move. Should I take a flight back to home? I lost hope......

I roamed through the blocks and finally was able to find a telephone centre. Luckily the lady in the centre spoke broken English. She made a call to my girlfriend’s mobile, which gave weird responses like “this telephone number is invalid”. Adding to my delirium, panic and frustration I made another call to her home. Her mother picked up and gave a positive message that “Dani left home in the early morning to the airport”. My panic started to subside and I felt guilty, relaxed and energetic.

Like the song “Brighter than sunshine” by the Aqualung my girlfriend finally appeared in front of me (after 1 and half hours), she made a beeline and swooped on me, gave the tightest hug of the century and a kiss of wisdom, courage, confidence and divinity. Due to some technical glitches, the display in the airport showed a wrong arrival gate and caused the panic.

The root cause of this panic is Mind and thoughts. My mind was clouded with negative thoughts; I should have patiently waited and communicated properly with the airport officials and could have avoided this nasty panic. Thoughts neither have shape nor have forms, thoughts doesn’t exist, it is the invention of mankind. Refrain from thoughts, thereby opening the doors of bliss and enlightenment. Let the mind be the host and thoughts be the guests, never let the thoughts to be the host......

1 comment:

  1. gr8 dat u didnt get locked up as in the movie.hehe.jst kiddin.the feelin when u see your loved one after all the chaos is beyond words. :)

    ReplyDelete