Sunday, August 23, 2009

Welcome to existence, welcome to Pico do Jaraguá

Pico do Jaraguá, highest mountain range in Sao Paulo state, with an untold history it sits 1135 metres above sea level, is labelled as World heritage site by UNESCO.

Here is my escape to haven with my family to Pico do Jaraguá.

My group, in descending order, Dani, Julio, Bruno, Daise, Victor. We started after the lunch from family house in Espirito Santo do Pinhal in car, which was infact in a bad state. We stored our arsenal of food which included variety of fruits, ripe and sour, and drinking water. Six of us then squeezed inside the car, Julio was the transporter and he exhibited his driving skills, which almost took my breath away. Notwithstanding the horrible damaged road conditions, like Schumacher Julio geared up, blew off the dried leaves from road, showered the tree trunks with the streams of water flowing through the road and bombastic noises produced by the car in frequent intervals. Squeezed in the back I did a 180 degree rotation of my head to have a glance, but I could see only the dust and smoke emanated by the car.


After the voilent turbulence, we finally reached the top of the Pico do Jaraguá. With a tingling bliss, tranquillity at the end I stood on the grass, hands wide open like Jack in the Titanic, took a deep breath and enjoyed the mind blowing panoramic scene, silent for a while. Serene, sky exposed variants of blue color, mountains hid under the flamboyant clouds, colours in equilibrium and beautifully disciplined plantations, vast farmlands. The air was so fresh. I was lost and found.

It was said that we can view about 20 cities from the top, cities and building blocks like small bricks placed on the ground. We jumped, clicked, posed, laughed, sang, played football, visualized our dream coming true and it was complete and composed.

The trip left me with enduring and captivating memories and opened the corridors of ecstasy, a meaning of life, happiness and love. I was like a child, lost weight and age, with innocence, emptiness and bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment